Welcome to my corner of the world wide web!
Anyone who knows me knows I’ve always had a bit too much to say- and while some people learn to harness the lip, others find creative ways to let the ramble roar. I’m the latter.
Though my blog name may make it sound like we poop rainbows and butterflies; the intention is quite the opposite. This site is about keeping it real; real recipes for real life; real projects (that actually worked for us); and real experiences and tips I’ve learned along the way. By no means am I claiming to be an expert in any field of life. I am a sinner, redeemed by grace alone. Such love brings pure, true JOY… the joy that leads me to find the BLISS in this, the everyday.
Let this site be an encouragement.
Find joy in your “this”- the young days of parenthood; the mundane tasks of motherhood; or the routine moments of your everyday. “This”, no matter how simple or overwhelming it can seem is still a beautiful blessed day. I don’t have it all together, so if you stopped by to check out our perfection, I might just be the biggest disappointment of your search. But I do have enough sarcasm, sass and ideas to share with the world… if that’s your gig, stick around for more.
Find joy in the journey
I am a mom to 4 young kids. By little I mean smaller than adults- but following the form of their parents they are far from little. They didn’t stick out quite enough, so their genetic make up stuck them with thick glasses and strong personalities to ensure they don’t go unnoticed. Beside me in this hilarious adventure of life is my tall dark and handsome husband. He’s patiently stood by my side through all my kitchen misadventures; and calmed the chaos each time I take on a project a bit bigger than I should have.
I am chronically addicted to refinishing and repainting things around the home. I dabble in sewing, love a good can of spray paint, and find my thrills seeking out new decor ideas for our house. With such antics comes enough pinterest fails and successes alone to share. Add on the years of trying new recipes and Epicure ideas, and enough material is sitting around waiting to be put into blog form.
Welcome. I hope I can help you find the Bliss in This, whatever your “this” may be.
My small rant for those who personally know me:
I imagine some of you that know me will stumble across this site. Welcome!
It seems like everywhere you go somebody has something negative to say about direct sales or blogging. I’ve heard it. Thank you for your concerns… now please excuse me while I continue on. Direct sales… where “nobody actually makes money” gave me a $1000 month a little while back. Profit. When’s the last time watching Netflix paid you? Didn’t think so.
I have been blessed with a husband who’s work ethic is STRONG. He works hard and long. I know I’m not alone in this, there’s lots of wives who’s husbands aren’t around much. This is not me complaining, this is me explaining that I have a lot of evenings that are pretty quiet. Watching my brains slowly convert to mashed potatoes has been a bit of a struggle since the moment I decided to let go of my LPN license. I am a thinker, and I function best when I’m learning new things…
– so I started selling Epicure. It’s been 6 wonderful years of that; and hopefully more to come… (edit: here we are at 11 years! Thanks to my fantastic customers!)
The problem is, when I post any content to social media, that site owns it. My Facebook page is great and wonderful, but I’m at the mercy of every algorithm change. You know me, I’m a control freak, so a blog where I can own my created content is a natural transition. I will still post regularly to my Epicure Facebook page, but you may also find more links there that take you back here. Why?
- I own this content… it’s mine, all mine
- A blog is far more organized. Labels and categories make me happy.
- An algorithm change will no longer crush me. If you follow social media news, you’ll know there are changes happening constantly.
- It’s so sad when delicious recipes get lost in the bottom of a Facebook timeline never to be found again. Here you can search, scroll and click around until your heart and stomach are content.
- I’m limited by nothing. I can post even more than just Epicure goodness!
- I’m fascinated with things that confuse me. Remember those spuds for brain cells? When I’m learning bits of my brain get dusted off and put back to use. Those evenings alone I speak of? I’ve been spending the last 8 months of them learning how to make this blog happen the right way. (okay, and skimming Pinterest…)
- Some people try avoid Facebook, but still want decent recipes. Welcome.
Thanks again for stopping by!
Since we are thankin’ I want to shout out to my good friend Deanna who’s put up with my worries, excitements, and “I need your opinions” about this project for far too long. You were the kick in the pants I needed, and the voice of reason when I proposed each sappy blog name suggestion.